SEO Community Support Manager
UnGagged Ltd is looking for an experienced community manager with SEO knowledge and experience to join the community support team.
This is a full-time role supporting the UnGagged brand through engaging with various communities of expert-level digital marketing enthusiasts by discussing latest developments in all areas of digital marketing. As such, you’ll need to possess impeccable writing skills and technical SEO / Digital Marketing industry knowledge in combination with a calm, unflappable personality. You’ll have an unrivalled opportunity to test the latest SEO tools and services, so a passion for IM is essential, along with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment.
Experience of moderating a large online community is essential, along with a good knowledge of the related digital marketing industry. The successful candidate will have an fundamental understanding of the community’s specific characteristics and be able to communicate in an appropriate voice to effectively support our members. The ability to balance encouraging members to engage and contribute, whilst ensuring they comply with community rules is paramount, along with a great sense of humour, a thick skin and a down-to-earth attitude. Although community discussions are conducted in English, our users come from all over the world, so the ability to lay out your ideas in logical order, as well as clearly explain why you’ve made your decisions would be a great benefit.
Role and responsibilities:
- Maintaining a presence on our community platforms, creating engaging content and communicating with online users.
- Implementing community rules in response to user reports
- Resolving issues and mediating between members whilst remaining impartial and professional via our support platform and in online discussions
- Playing an active role in our ongoing mission to enhance user experience by spotting improvement opportunities and managing projects to implement new features.
- Responding to individual user reports and resolving issues in line with the needs of the community as a whole.
- Web development
- Website and server administration
- Testing and reviewing SEO services in every field of online marketing
- Content creation using appropriate voice and tone to communicate with IM experts
- Developing, testing and implementing new ideas to improve user experience
- Adaptable, eager to learn and picks up knowledge quickly (role requires learning on the fly)
- Strong organisational and prioritisation skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- In-depth understanding of SEO and digital marketing, including industry awareness and maintaining up to date knowledge on new developments.
- Diplomatic and cool under pressure
- Creative problem solving skills
- Self-motivated and able to act on own initiative
- Good working knowledge of Wordpress CMS, including site development and theme creation
- Google Analytics, Search Console and Ads knowledge
- Paid Social Advertisements experience
- Hosting & Domain management skills
- Moderation experience within a large online community
- Experience of developing and managing a digital marketing online marketplace for a cross section of digital disciplines
- Knowledge/experience of online SEO communities and forums
- Excellent customer service skills
- Adobe Creative Cloud
- Relevant, up-to-date SEO and Analytics certification from a recognised industry authority
- Salary circa £32,000 PA reviewed annually.
- 28 days holiday (including bank holidays).
- Additional 1 day holiday up to 5 days per year of employment - max 33 days.
- 5 duvet / sick days at full pay.
- Subsidised car parking in Milton Keynes.
- New Mac or PC (your choice) and dual screen set up.
- Explore new and innovative services developed by some of the finest minds in digital marketing (our members).
- Travel and accommodation provided for UnGagged.com conferences held in London and USA each year.
- Supported development through attending other SEO conferences and events.
- Company sponsored training and development to enhance onward career progression
- Opportunity to learn and stay at the cutting edge of digital marketing and SEO technique
- Ability to manage your workload and choose areas of interest to specialise in
- Flexible hours of work